Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Chiropractors are........amazing

I have been having IT band issues with my left leg for a long time now. I always had a theory as to why it would hurt, and never wanted to go get it looked at. I just figured once my quads and hamstrings were in good shape, my IT wouldn't hurt anymore. I attributed my IT pain to weak legs. Because I am a doctor and I can make my own theories up.

My wife is a massage therapist for a chiropractor, and she has been for about a year. Yesterday, I finally mustered up the nerve to go have my leg looked at by said chiropractor. He is awesome. He had me lay on a table, on my back and then on my stomach, he flexed my knee a few times and then started twisting me up like a pretzel and 'adjusted' both of my hips. (One hip at a time)

He then told me that my IT was sore because my right hip was tilted forward and my left was tilted back--which also led to a poorly aligned knee and ankle on my left side.

My left leg from the knee down felt really weird the rest of the night. Not bad weird, but good weird. Like I have a new leg. I am very eager to run tonight and see how my left leg feels. I can already notice a difference in even walking, my left leg doesn't feel shorter anymore.

I am pumped.

1 comment:

Dave Fleet said...

I hear you! I was injured for over a year recently with IT band problems. I tried several physios and ended up with a friend/chiropractor who specializes in ART. One week later I was running (this was in June or July); I'm now up to 17k each run. Those guys are amazing.

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: