Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Softball already?


Apparently, my softball team that just finished has signed up for a fall league. This leaves me with a problem--to play or not to play????

I really do not want to get injured playing softball. Right now running is my main focus from an 'extracurricular' standpoint, however I know how hard it was to get guys to play in the Spring. I think I am going to play, but let them know at the outset that my priority lies with my running. That isn't my final decision, but it's where I am leaning. I hate being 'on the fence guy' but I really don't want to fully commit to another softball season right now.



Let me re-state that 10 miles of running is far, and it really puts 26.2 into perspective as well. My legs were sore until this morning from my 10-miler on Sunday, and this is Wednesday. My 3 mile run on Monday (the day after my 10-miler) was more of a 'trail of tears' than a productive run, first time that my long run has resulted in "next-day soreness" during this training session. Hopefully the only time. I am running 3 miles today (Wednesday) and 6 Thursday, those runs hopefully go well.

October is fast approaching and my miles are rapidly increasing. This is my 7th week of training and I have not missed a run. (I have had to re-arrange my 'off-days', but I haven't totally skipped a run). I have enjoyed reading other running blogs and following their stories. I am looking forward to heading home to Detroit (Detroit What!) and getting this marathon done!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i can't believe how fast fall is creeping up, pretty soon i'll be starting school again yikes! it's good to have your priorities straight, even if it means giving up on something you like too. congrats on ten miles, i only hope that i can get up to that distance one day, so that way i know just how far 10 miles is running. keep up the good work with training.

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: