Monday, July 30, 2007

WTF, seriously.


Saturday:

5:45 AM: Wake-Up. It's pouring rain outside (first time it has rained around here in about a month.....) 5K @ 7:30 am. See the rain, contemplate not going to the race.

6:10 AM: Finish light breakfast. Decide to go to the race.

6:30 AM: Actually leave house. Still raining. Distance from home to race: 9-10 miles.

7:00 AM: Arrive @ race site. STOPS RAINING! I am now glad to be there. Pick up my T-shirt and number.

7:15 AM: Use bathroom. Most disgusting bathroom I have been in in a long, long time. This was a permanent bathroom, not a port-a-john.

7:30 AM: Race starts. 118 total participants, including 3 members of the "channel 6 action news crew" that were introduced before the race.....whoop-dee-doo.....

7:52:43 AM: Finish the 5K. Finished 36th overall, felt really good.

8:00 AM: Walked a couple laps around the HS track (where the finish line was), half-ass stretched and grabbed a bagel.

8:15 AM: Finish bagel, beginning to wonder why everyone is still hanging around. I leave.

That was my race-day. The run itself felt really good, however I was a little bummed that I ran 22:44 when my half-way point split was 10:20. I was running the 2nd half of the race with other people in-mind, meaning that I stayed around the same people the entire time, instead of just pushing myself to the limit. I had a little left at the end.

I proceeded to move (also known as: change residencies) the rest of the day on Saturday. Thanks to Dave, Samantha, Chris T., Erik, Sonya, Mom, and Dad for helping us move. We got it done pretty quickly on Saturday, but I developed a little left knee tendonitis during the day on Saturday (Probably from running a 5K, then all the 'heave-ho' of moving......I didn't stretch thoroughly enough after my race on Saturday....my bad). My leg was pretty stiff on Sunday, but it feels pretty good today.

Sunday was a family day, over at my wife's parents house. It was fun, but tiring. It's been a long weekend.

Monday morning, I was curious to see what my official time and place were from Saturday. I log into my Athlinks site, and find my time and place. My official time was 22:44, and my place was THIRD for my age group. That is good news, but I left before the award ceremony. I assumed that 22:44, 36th overall, wouldn't 'get me anything', but apparently it did. Crap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lei said...

Aw, lol, well done :) Still an achievement, whether or not you got an actual prize.

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: