Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back to the Afternoon--For now....


Well, I woke up today at 6 am, fully intending on running 4 miles. 10 minutes later, I was back in bed. I just didn't feel like running at all, at least in the morning. I didn't want to deal with making my bathroom pit stop, which could come at any point in my run. That has been really, really annoying for me. The bathroom issue makes me not want to run in the morning.

So, I will return to running after work for now. It's not as hot outside this week and I am 'only' running 4 miles today. It's funny how 3 months ago running 4 miles seemed really far. Today I am hoping to run 4 miles in under 30 minutes. I ran 4 on Monday in 30:13. I don't know if I should care about my times, but I do, especially on the 'shorter' runs. I am marathon training right now, but secretly (well I guess NOT so secretly anymore....) I want my 5K time under 20 minutes as well. So, I went from one goal (be able to run a marathon in under 4 hrs....which I have yet to accomplish--my first attempt is on 10/21) to adding another goal (5K under 20 minutes) over the course of 3 months. I feel like I am close on both, but don't want to overdo anything and get injured. That would totally suck.

I am still upset about my cotton tank top from last weekends 10K, and I am mulling over the idea of adding a 2nd Marathon to my schedule at the end of March, 2008. I live in Knoxville, and I want to run the Knoxville marathon I think. I think I am going to do it.

2 comments:

Erik said...

Man! You almost made it in under 30 minutes. I'm glad you actually ran yesterday. Good job on the 8 you did this morning!

KdoubleA said...

Thanks, bro!

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: