Thursday, August 9, 2007

RIP Grand-MAW


Yesterday, Aug 8, my wife's Grandma passed away. She was 83, and definitely lived a good life. She died peacefully, and not suddenly, so we all got to spend her last days on Earth with her. It's been a tough past 12 days, and the funeral is tomorrow (Friday) night.

There are a few things I will remember about Grand-MAW. First and foremost, she always thought positively. She never got down about being bed-ridden, or having a feeding tube, and I really admired that about her. She also loved football. She knew more about the NFL than some guys, and when we'd go visit her on Sunday she'd already have Football on TV when we got there. She was a caring, loving lady, that we all loved and will be missed.

I say Grand-MAW because that's how my wife would always say it. Like "let's go see grand-MAW", I dunno, I always thought that my wife said the word "Grandma" improperly, emphasizing the MAW part. And she claims to be from the north.......

1 comment:

Erik said...

We definitely are going to miss her. And you're right, she knew more about any sport than I did. It was insane!

About the pronunciation of grandma/gramma...Sony does the same thing. Except her version is more of a "grem" than a "gram".

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: