Thursday, August 9, 2007

What am I supposed to do about this heat?


It's seriously a thick, disgusting 100F outside today. I need to run 7 miles. I hate the treadmill. I didn't run this morning, and I don't really want to run when it's dark outside. That's a lot of whining for one sentence, but I guess I am a little frustrated with what I am going to do.

I really did get a good laugh when the local Knoxville weather guy said that a 'cold-front' was coming in for Friday and the high is going to be 93F. I am sorry, but 'cold-front' to me means 'drop in temperature of at least 10 degrees'. You suck, local Knoxville weather guy.

I am leaning towards running tonight, beginning at dusk, outside, and armed with a lot of water and a rape-whistle.

4 comments:

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
katowens said...

I too wish this heat would go away. Good luck trying to get your runs in
Feel free to come read my weather complaints
justkeeprunning.wordpress.com

Erik said...

Kev...are you running this marathon for a cause of any sort? I was just curious. I know that its sort of a personal goal and all, but is there a greater cause or something outside of self that you're running for. I'm not saying you need to, but I read in katowens blog that she's raising money for Girls on the Run and thought that was pretty cool. Just a thought.

KdoubleA said...

Erik--I haven't looked into running for a cause, and that's partly because this is my first marathon and I want to be able to make sure that I can finish one before I start having people/organizations invest in me.

Down the road, I'd like to run for a purpose, but like I was saying, this marathon is to make sure I can actually do it.

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: