Friday, June 15, 2007

It's all about the rub down.



Hi kids! Today we're going to talk about messages. Not messages, like "Hey dude, I'm going to send you a text message....." but messages, like when you get rubbed down because you're sore. Let me share with the world that my wife is a message therapist, and a damn good one. (EDIT: Message like I am talking about might be spelled 'massage'......from this point forward it's spelled correctly........who has two thumbs and cant spell??? This guy.)

When Amber and I lived in Michigan she was licensed and everything was cool.
When we moved to Tennessee, Amber had to jump through more hoops than a circus dog (paperwork, licenses, money.......) and she FINALLY was 'officially' licensed as Tennessee Massage Therapist as of yesterday. (So to anyone in Tennessee who received a massage from my wife before 6/13/07, you were dealing in the black market. No, I wont turn you in.)

I digress. My run Thursday was good and bad. It was bad because I was sore from running on Wednesday, then Amber and I painted a friends living room right after my Wednesday run. I was on my feet pretty much all night Wednesday and it hurt on Thursday for sure. I wasn't going to skip my run, but I was definitely going to take it easy on Thursday.

On Thursday, I went out for 3 miles and took it easy. The run was good because I found out that 'taking it easy' was about 8:45 a mile. I did 3 miles at that pace with little effort, and I was very encouraged by that. Afterwards, I came home and Amber and I ate burritos. Then I got my rub-down and went to bed.I am a huge NBA fan. Congrats to the Spurs for putting the beat-down on LeBron. The Pistons would have beat the Spurs, but it didn't play out like that, so congrats again to the Spurs.

Music: Thursday I was listening to a band from Chicago called The Audition. I think they are excellent, and I think that an overwhelming amount of teenagers would agree with me. (I don't know if thats a good or bad thing for me, being 27.)

There is a little bit of Kevin Bacon-like connection between me and the singer of the Audition. When I lived in Detroit, I was in a band called Home Team. Before The Audition, Danny, the singer, was in a Detroit band called Based On A True Story. Home Team and Based On A True Story played together all the time. I think it's neat to see The Audition on MTV every once in awhile, and be like "OMG, I KNOW him!".

Friday and Saturday are off days for running, then Sunday is my long run day. Friday I am going to see a Tennessee Smokies baseball game (AA team of the Cubs). I'm pumped.

3 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Keving, I think you are mis-spelling message. Isn't it massage. Ask Amber, she should know. Congrats on your good run. Sounds like you are doing well.

KdoubleA said...

you might be right......crap.

Kevin and Amber Antoine said...

Kevinnnnnnnn
I am the MESSAGE monster I eat people who don't say massage right...it's almost as bad as the people who say masseuse but not quite! I still love you honey!

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: