Sunday, June 17, 2007

It's getting hot in here!



Today was a freaking hot day to be running at 5 o'clock in the afternoon. Quite possibly (more like definitely) the stupedist (get it?) thing I've done in the past couple of weeks. As I was running, I was consciously thinking to myself "wow, I am the only one out here right now, this is nice.....", and after the run I was thinking to myself "I think my organs are shutting down one by one......"



Luckily, I have a good wife, who while I was running (It took me 1 hour and 1 minute for 7 miles today) went to the gas station and bought me a Sports Drink and a protein bar, to enjoy when I finished my 7-mile death march. (I think she was doing this more for the fact that she didn't want to be a widow just yet than anything else) Whatever the motivation for the Sports Drink and protein bar, I finished both off in about 10-15 minutes after my run. I believe I would have died without them.
How hot was it, you ask? I'm no Chuck Gaidica , but it had to be at least 90. I think I am going to start running in the morning. It's probably the smart thing to do. Amber saved my life today (well, probably not literally but it makes for good drama....blogging+drama = success!)

MUSIC: Today the Ipod (which worked pretty well today as far as measuring distance) was on shuffle mode. It was talking crap to me when it played "Chump" by Green Day between miles 6 and 7, and then rewarded me when it played "P.I.M.P" by 50 Cent right after I finished my run. It was actually pretty awesome. Lance Armstrong came on and said that I ran my longest recorded run, then it went right to 50 Cent. It felt like Lance was MC'ing the 'you didn't die today' party and 50 Cent (with his G-Unit, of course) was the house band.

No comments:

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: