Thursday, June 21, 2007

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!


There is a lot to talk about in this issue of "The best blog ever", so I'll get right to it.

This is going to be my last blog for this week. I know, sad, and these next couple of days are going to be pretty boring for you. I apologize. The reason for this being the last blog of the week is due to the fact that Amber and I are going to be getting crunk in the dirty south this weekend!!!!! ATL baby!!!! YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

We are going to just hang out and relax, go see the Tigers (best team in baseball) play the Braves, do some shopping (for Pimp Cups---see picture above) and go to the High Museum of Art. It should be a good time.

Luckily, Fridays and Saturdays are off days for me (So running won't interfere with 'relaxing weekend'). Well, Friday is really an off day and Saturday I am supposed to walk some. (I figure I walk around enough for that to count--maybe I am wrong about that, I don't know) Sunday will be an 8-miler, that I plan on running Sunday morning before we leave Atlanta. I have a 4 mile loop mapped out (thanks to the people at MapMyRun.com that begins and ends at our hotel, and I am looking forward to a change in scenery.

A couple of things about my 'double-header' runs on Wednesday night and Thursday morning.

First off, I think I need new shoes. My runs this week haven't felt like they normally have, and I've had these shoes since Dec.-Jan. So while Amber and I are on our hunt for pimp cups, I may have to make a pit stop in a running store. I am looking at Nike Structure Triax 10, but I may stick with New Balance 1222. They are practically the same shoe, but the Nike's aren't as rigid as the 1222. It will be a toss up.

On Wednesday, my run was 3 miles. I was shooting for 8:00/mile, which I was hitting until at about mile 2.5 I had some issues that required a trip to the bathroom. I didn't finish the run (but I made it to the bathroom), and the fact I didn't finish the run was a little frustrating.

Thursday I woke up at 5:30am and went out for my 4-miler. I only did this because it was the only way I was going to fit my run into my Thursday schedule, and I am really glad I did it in the morning. First of all, it was much cooler (60 instead of 90), and second of all, it wakes me up in the morning. I was able to come in at 8:00 for every mile and wrapped up the 4 miles in 32:02. My lungs felt good, but it felt like I was dragging my legs the whole way. I am blaming the shoes until I run in new ones. It could be tired legs, I haven't ran this much in 10 years.

What I do know that running is an inexact science and everybody has different ways to fix their aches and pains. No two runners are the same.

Music: Bad Religion. I don't necessarily agree with everything they sing about, but they still are one of the best bands to come around in the last 30 years. They are a punk band from California that were really ahead of their time and are ripped off yearly by these new teenager punk bands that are all over MTV. What other bands can you name that have been around for 30 years, never broke up and consistently put out albums and tour? U2 and the Rolling Stones are all I can think of. That's pretty good company.

No comments:

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: