Thursday, June 28, 2007

8 miles at 5pm in 90 degree heat

That's what I am about to do. This may as well be a suicide note.

Family, please know that I love you all dearly. This is not your fault.......do you seriously think I was going to carry that on??? That is creepy. I guess if you read my prior posts, you wouldn't put a faux-suicide note past me.

To change subjects:I saw this online today and could not pass it up. My wife and I have recently reverted back to 7th grade and pull "your mom" jokes at each other constantly. We're the only ones who think they are still funny, I guess. I do have to give her some props for a your mom joke she got me with a couple of weeks ago. I came home from getting a bad haircut and first thing she said to me was "you look like your mom cut your hair...." It made the bad haircut a lot better. I still laugh when I think about it.

Yesterday, I ran 3 outside and I pushed myself pretty hard. It was 90 outside and I was feeling it afterwards. I was at about 7:30/mile, which is a good clip for me lately, and I feel like my new shoes are helping(although they may be about 1/4 size small....we'll see).

It's supposed to storm this afternoon, which would push my 8-miler indoors. (Then this will be the last thing I ever write, because 8 miles on a treadmill is murder)

PS: I was on a conference call the other day and the guy who was hosting it used the word "Blogosphere" in reference to bloggers as a whole. I laughed out loud, luckily I had the mute button pressed in.

4 comments:

Lei said...

Good luck! I can't imagine doing that. But I'm sure you'll be able to. You can, after all, run a 7:30-minute mile, which I don't even dare think about :)

Unknown said...

I know the heat/humidity you are going through!!! It is not fun to run in at all, but I personally feel a treadmill is worse! Good luck.

Erik said...

Blogosphere?! If your mom was blogging it'd be called the "Dogosphere"!!

[oooooh...snap]

Erik said...

Re: my previous comment

No offense to Kevin's real mom. She's actually really cool!

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: