Monday, June 11, 2007

Uh, Kevin....you realize Detroit is a dump, right?

Yes, anonymous blog questioner, I do realize Detroit is a dump. However, Detroit is home. I lived there for 26 years and it will always be my home. That should explain the minor obsession I have with Detroit, which I think has heightened since I moved away.

This is what brings us to why I am here blogging before you today. I am coming home to run my first marathon, on Oct. 21, 2007. I will be dodging bullets and running 26.2 miles through the streets of Detroit.

Here is a map of where I am going to be doing most of my training:



Here is a 'real-life' picture of the same place:


The most important part of this whole thing:


I can't upload .pdf's so you cant see my training schedule. It's breathtaking and I feel like I am shortchanging my vast audience by not being able to share it. I will get someone on this immediately and hopefully by the end of the week you will be able to view my training schedule. Yes, I run in New Balance's and use the Nike+ Nano system. Marware makes a pouch for people like me. It's nice.

1 comment:

Erik said...

If anyone wants to by the Marware pouch, I've got an extra one. I ended up buying the Nike shoes and don't need the one I bought before the shoes.

Email me at luchauer [at] yahoo [dot] com if you're interested.

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: