Monday, June 11, 2007

Nike + Nano = something........



If anybody else out there in the 'real world' uses Nike+Ipod Nano technology, will someone please tell me how to calibrate it properly? My theory on the technology basically tells me that the pace in which you calibrate it at is the only pace it will accurately measure your distance ran.

In English: You calibrate at 8:00/mile pace, it's only going to be accurate when you're running 8:00 miles. If you run faster, you're going to end up running farther. This happened to me today.

I didn't want to run, but today was a 5k day. Nothing too crazy, I just didn't feel like doing it after running 6 miles yesterday. When I got to the track, I got a little juice flowing and just went out. I ended up running the first 3 miles (on a track) at 21:05, and I figured I had about 1/2 of a lap left, to complete my 5k. This was easily my fastest 5k since I got my Nano and Nike chip.

WRONG. When I really covered the 5k distance, my Nano told me I had another lap to run! So, my 5k according to the Nano was 24:48 or something like that. I really had run about 13.75 laps on the track to get the Nano to finally tell me I was done. I've run long enough to know that a 5k, on a track, is somewhere between 12.5-12.75 laps. I was at about 22:30 at that point, so in my head I know I ran a pretty good 5k today.

But Nike is going around telling people I ran a 24:48. I am offended.

Music: I think I am going to let you crazy bloggers in on all my little music secrets. Today, I was running to Death from Above 1979. If you end up at the bar, drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon with Aviator Sunglasses on and really tight jeans, go ahead and throw their name out there like you know what's up. Your friends will think you're pretty cool.

1 comment:

KK said...

Its a good idea, dont bash it, I saw it for sale here Nike Shoes

 
technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:
icerocket tags:
keotag tags: